Monday, February 17, 2014

A few weeks ago, I spent the day with a very helpful gentleman who allowed me to use his space to build some new frames. This not only reminded me how out of practice I am with this process, it allowed me to re-learn and get excited for new ideas to be translated on canvas. 

This experience was special. We used old, scrap wood that originally didn't look like much when I first arrived.  An old desk, finished scraps of wood and a couple days later we came up with plenty of frames to keep me completely occupied AND discovered some really beautiful wood underneath layers of stain. In the process, I got to appreciate the history of extremely old machinery (some that even needed to be oil- canned!). It was great, thanks to Gary (who usually repairs beautiful furniture). He didn't seem to mind the mess..






No comments:

Post a Comment