Tuesday, February 18, 2014


       These pieces below are shot in progress, in the place where I paint most these days; my dining room. For the most part, I'm happy with what I've made it. It's a complete change from my studio in the past... mostly because I never had peers eating meals in the place I paint.  I'm grateful I've had a place to call a studio. With that being said, I owe a big thank you to my roommates for dealing with my obnoxious take over of this room. As a student, I was allowed much more space AND time and I'm glad I never took that for granted. I've certainly had to adjust to the change, and although it's a mental challenge (and feeling completely out of whack), I've known this change was approaching, and I've learned to embrace it for what it is--allowing growth in myself and in my painting.

     One of these paintings I've donated to this year's Artrageous auction for Montserrat College of Art.  I've gotten really used to painting two pieces at once and not feeling like they have to be married to one another. Not to mention the square!! It's the shape I've been working in. I wanted a new challenge and simply desired a change in composition..this strongly pushed me into the square. It's allowing me to see space differently. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Painting the landscape in a square really has pushed me in a direction which I've wanted for a long time. I'm happy about all of the things I'm learning from it.  That's all I really know for now & those are my thoughts. I also think having a slight case of the winter blues which has contributed greatly to my "blue-phase". 




No comments:

Post a Comment